Welcome to the home of the Spindletop Railroad!

Follow along as I try to create a freelanced railroad and build my first HO scale layout. I hope to write a blog that helps others in building layouts, detailing engines, and creating their own railroads while identifying the road bumps to avoid and the fun aspects of model railroading to look forward to!

Friday, April 4, 2014

Some Pictures for the Last Post

Alright y'all, are some pictures as I promised.

First is a shot of the layout construction progress. 


Aside from the messiness of the room, you can see how it is coming along.  About half of the decking of 15/32" plywood is attached and about 75% of the support frames are built.  I only have one more to go!

Due to space constraints I have scaled back the layout some.  It will now have three walls of layout and the fourth wall will be a connector for continuous running and where the work table will go.  However I do have a decent plan still.  The yard ladder has been built (it can be seen about halfway down the right side decking) and should be installed tonight if I can stay awake.


This is the re-motor project I am working on for the tunnel motor.  She didn't play well with my Genesis SD45-2 so I decided to put a Genesis motor in here.  The internet says that the Genesis motor fits RTR locos.  What they didn't say was that it takes some work...  More on that in a separate post.

And lastly, I randomly caught the Illinois Terminal heritage locomotive.  She unexpectedly passed me leading a train from the Texas City Terminal and by the time I caught up to her for a picture, this was the best I could do.  But I swear it is her!  Zoom in on the cab numbers!



And lastly, a shiny new BNSF Gevo near my work.



Now I am off to recover for an op session tomorrow on the Almeda Terminal & Gulf layout!


No comments:

Post a Comment