Welcome to the home of the Spindletop Railroad!

Follow along as I try to create a freelanced railroad and build my first HO scale layout. I hope to write a blog that helps others in building layouts, detailing engines, and creating their own railroads while identifying the road bumps to avoid and the fun aspects of model railroading to look forward to!

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Workin' on the Railroad

Specifically my model railroad.

I have been making slow progress, but progress all the same.

I don't have any new pictures for this update yet.  I may put them in another later post.  Sorry.

Layout: work is progressing steadily.  I have all of the turnouts I need now so track will be laid in earnest once the layout is fully built.  One frame and the remaining decking to go!  Currently about half way on the decking.

Paint Scheme: a new Texas-themed scheme should be getting applied to a new loco shell next week.  I hope it comes out as cool as I imagine it as.

Prodigy: my trusty DCC system up and burned out on me a few months back.  MRC got her fixed up and returned so the engines can move a little at least

Yard: the yard ladder should be secured and powered by the weekend!  Once the ladder is tested and operational, I will lay the yard tracks and put out some rolling stock.

Until then, have a good time everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment